At Paintbox Pro, we consider the protection of your privacy very important. We want to ensure that we will inform you as much as possible and give you control over what happens to your personal data. Although most of the information on this website is available without any personal data being requested, certain information will be used to handle your information request. You will find more information below:
2. What does ‘processing of personal data’ mean and who is responsible for it?
- The processing of personal data means any processing of data that can identify you as a natural person.
- Paintbox Pro, with its head office at Fossegrenda 30C, 7038 Trondheim, Norway, is the data controller of your personal data.
3. Which personal data are processed?
- The personal data you share with us. We process the personal data you provide to us by telephone or in writing (via the online application form or email).
- The personal data our systems collect:
- Your IP address, the type and language of your browser or software you use during the connection to our website, the time of your website visit and the web address from which you reached our website, the pages you view on it, the links you click on and the other actions you take on our website. We do this by placing cookies.
- When you log in to our online webshop, we ask your username and password. We then link your IP address to your customer data.
4. What do we use these personal data for?
We only process personal data that are necessary for the preparation and performance of a contract. If processing your personal data is not necessary for this reason, we always request permission.
5. How do we protect your personal data?
The categories of persons who have access to your data are our employees who carry out one or more of the above-mentioned purposes. In addition, we use measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, use, loss or theft of data, including password protection, antivirus, and firewall. If a data breach has occurred, you will be personally informed as a customer in the circumstances provided for by law.
6. Data to third parties
Paintbox Pro does not sell personal data to third parties without your permission, and we will not provide them to third parties unless:
- This is necessary for the provision of our services. We provide access to your personal data to third parties who work under our instructions and who support us in delivering our products and services. However, we also ensure that your data are treated in a safe and respectful manner.
- You give us permission for this.
7. How can you ensure that we no longer contact you for commercial purposes?
You always have the right to opt out of a direct mailing to oppose the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You do not need to provide a reason for this. This can be done at any time by clicking on the opt-out link or by contacting us: email@example.com
8. What are your privacy rights and how can you exercise them?
- The right of access You have the right to know at any time from Paintbox Pro whether or not we process your personal data, and if we do process them, to view that data.
- The right to rectification of your personal data You have the right to have incomplete, incorrect, inappropriate or outdated personal data corrected.
- The right to be forgotten (data erasure) In the following situations, you have the right to have your personal data deleted without any unreasonable delay:
- The personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
- You retract the previously given permission for the processing.
- You object to the processing.
- Your personal data are processed unlawfully.
- Your personal data are deleted in order to comply with a legal obligation.
- When will I receive an answer? We will respond to your request as quickly as possible and in any case within the statutory provision of a month.
9. How long do we keep your personal data?
Paintbox Pro may not store your personal data for longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which we collect them. The retention period may vary per purpose. In order to offer you a good after-sales service, we store your data at Paintbox Pro for up to 10 years. After the expiration of the applicable retention, the personal data will be deleted. Certain data of former customers can be used for a period of 5 years after the termination of the contract in order to recognize the former customer unless the customers have indicated not to agree to this.
11. Stay informed of any modifications
12. Supervisory Authority
For complaints regarding the processing of your personal data by Paintbox Pro, you can contact The Norwegian Data Protection Authority (DPA) at www.datatilsynet.no/en
I hereby confirm that I am over 13 years of age and agree that my personal information is processed in accordance with the description in the text above.